Thursday 31 October 2013

Piecing and quilting



There's a lot of piecing and quilting happening here at the moment, but unfortunately I can't show the finished quilts yet! Very frustrating. I will show some sneak peeks - the block above is part of a Dutch Quilt I recently made, using some Dutch farmers handkerchiefs my mother-in-law sent me.



Chevrons are everywhere, so I thought I should try them as well. The piece above is now part of a bag!



I played with some strips and made this block a while ago. It looks good, don't you think? I've made a few more now and will sew them together soon...



I am also experimenting with quilt blocks made from upcycled denim. In the last six years I have kept all the blue jeans from my sons, my husband and myself, so I have quilte a pile of fabric now. Let's make a quilt!



And last but not least, I am finally making an art quilt again! Here is a peek of a very small part of it. I will reveal more in four months or so...

1 comment:

Charlotte Scott said...

You've been busy! I've been ogling chevrons too and thought I might have a go.
Is your colourful art quilt for 'Living Colour'? I haven't started my entry.